GWO WORKING AT HEIGHT WITH MANUAL HANDLING
- Duration: 2 Days
- Course Time: 9am – 5pm
- Assessment: Theory & Practical
- Medical Questionnaire
- WINDA I.D
- Over 18
- Photographic I.D
- Work Boots
WHO IS THE COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
Anyone looking to begin or continue working in the offshore renewable energy industry. Everyone is expected to hold a valid, in date GWO Working at Height and GWO Manual Handling Certificate which must be refreshed every 2 years by sitting the GWO Working at a Height and Manual Handling Refresher course.
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at height in a wind turbine
- Demonstrate an understanding of current legislation
- Demonstrate correct PPE identification, use, inspection, storage
- Demonstrate correct use of evacuation devices
- Demonstrate correct approach to rescue situations
- Demonstrate the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe manner and identify aspects of job role that could cause muscular/skeletal injuries
- Demonstrate problem-solving and carrying out safe manual handling
- Demonstrate manual handling techniques and recognise signs and symptoms of injuries relating to poor manual handling
GWO WINDA DATABASE
All delegates sitting the GWO courses must now register onto the GWO WINDA database, for further information about GWO’s WINDA Database please click here.
On successful completion of the GWO Working at Height and Manual Handling training, you will receive a certificate valid for 2 years, this is uploaded onto your WINDA Account within 10 days of course completion. A pdf version of your WINDA GWO Certificate will also be emailed out to you.