Is Lunch Provided?

Yes – lunch is provided on all full day courses


Do I need to bring my own PPE?

No – other than work boots all PPE is provided for you.


Are there parking facilities?

Yes – we have a free car park and free on street parking


What will I need to bring with me for my course?

All courses require government I.D such as a passport or driver’s license.  Your joining details will state what other pre-requisites you will need to bring with you.  E.g current certificates, passport photo’s etc.


If my current certificate has expired will I need to sit the full course?

If your GWO certificate has expired you will need to sit the full course again.  If your IRATA certificate has expired you can only revalidate at that level and not level up.  If your CCNSG safety passport has expired you have a 3 month grace period to get this renewed.


I have no painting experience can I sit an industrial painting course?

Yes – however you will be given a trainee card valid for a year, during that year you will need to be signed off by a mentor and countersigned at the end of the 12 months by your employer.


What’s the minimum age requirements?

The minimum age for all courses is 18 years, for IRATA you will need a good level of fitness too.


Is it possible to fail the course?

Yes – all courses have an assessment and test paper.


Can I pay in instalments?

Yes – a deposit can be taken to secure your place, the final balance must be paid however prior to your course start date.


Will my course finish early?

If we have low numbers on a course this may finish earlier than scheduled, however, you should assume this will go to the time allocated as leaving before the course has finished will result in you failing the module, so we do recommend not making any travel arrangements prior to the finishing time.


I did my last course at a different training centre, can I do my next one with you?

Yes – you are not required to stay with the same training provider


Is there accommodation nearby?

Yes – if you ask at time of booking for nearby hotels the links will be sent to you.


I work offshore if my rotation changes can I move my training?

Yes – just let us know what dates you need this moving to, the first move is free of charge after which there will be an admin fee.  Please note – your training can be moved up to 3 times only.


I want to work offshore, what training do I need?

This all depends on the area you are looking to work in, and whether oil and gas or on/offshore wind.  A lot of skills/trades can also be transferable into this industry, e.g engineer, HSE.  Please bear in mind, however, the majority of training for offshore is for health and safety and a means of getting to your place of work safely.  The crown estate has some good information on the jobs you could do Crown Estate Jobs and of course, we are happy to answer any questions you have too.


Can I get the training funded?

There are a few places that offer funded training, just drop us a line on 0151 521 5929 and we can go through some of the options with you.