GWO WORKING AT HEIGHT REFRESHER WITH MANUAL HANDLING REFRESHER
Duration: 1 Day
Assessment: Theory & Practical
In-Date GWO Working at height OR Working at Height refresher certificate
WHO IS THE COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
Anyone looking to continue working in the offshore renewable energy industry. Everyone is expected to hold a valid, in date GWO Working at Height and Manual Handling certificate which must be refreshed every 2 years by sitting this GWO Working at Height and Manual Handling Refresher course.
The aim of this course is to review and build on previously gained knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training so that delegates can administer safe and effective working at heights in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment in accordance with GWO Refresher Working at Heights and Manual Handling training.
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at heights in a WTG
- Demonstrate correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings on harness, hard hats, lanyards and other PPE and PFPE.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of and skills to correctly pre-use inspect, service, store and correct fitting of harnesses, fall arrest lanyard, work positioning lanyards and other PPE and PFPE.
- Demonstrate correct use of the relevant PFPE, e.g. harnesses, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. These include correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct.
- Demonstrate correct use of evacuation devices
- Demonstrate how to approach rescue situations in WTG’s
- Identify signs and symptoms of poor manual handling injuries, reporting methods of these and the ability to correct poor handling of equipment
GWO WINDA DATABASE
All delegates sitting the GWO courses must register onto the GWO WINDA database, for further information about GWO’s WINDA Database please click here. ABOUT WINDA
To register onto the WINDA Database CLICK HERE
On successful completion of the GWO Working at Height and Manual Handling Refresher training, you will receive a GWO certificate valid for 2 years, this is uploaded onto your WINDA Account within 2 days of course completion. A pdf version of your WINDA GWO Certificate will also be emailed out to you.