GWO SEA SURVIVAL & GWO SEA SURVIVAL REFRESHER
Duration: 1 day Course Time: 9am – 5pm
Assessment: Theory & Practical
Warm Clothing under transfer suit
In date GWO Sea Survival Certificate for those sitting the course as a refresher
WHO IS THE COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
Anyone looking to begin or continue working in the offshore renewable energy industry. Everyone is expected to hold a valid, in date GWO Sea Survival certificate which must be refreshed every 2 years by completing a 1 day GWO Sea Survival Refresher Course.
You will learn survival techniques and methods of safe transfer between vessels and installations. Theoretical and practical training will give the basic knowledge and skills to act safely and take correct preventative actions in all aspects of offshore operations both during normal operation and in an emergency in an offshore wind energy environment.
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO
• Demonstrate knowledge of dangers and symptoms related to hypothermia and drowning
• Understand the limitations of different life-saving appliances (LSA), personal protective equipment (PPE) and personal fall protection Equipment (PFPE) used in the offshore wind industry
• Demonstrate knowledge of risks related to transfers
• Demonstrate safe transfer and evacuation of a WTG
• Have knowledge of search and rescue (SAR) and global maritime distress and safety systems (GMDSS)
• Give first aid treatment to a “man overboard”
• Demonstrate individual and group survival techniques at sea
GWO WINDA DATABASE
All delegates sitting the GWO courses must now register onto the GWO WINDA database, for further information about GWO’s WINDA Database please click here. ABOUT WINDA
To register onto the WINDA Database CLICK HERE
On successful completion of the GWO Sea Survival Training, you will receive a certificate valid for 2 years, this is uploaded onto your WINDA Account within 10 days of course completion. A pdf version of your WINDA GWO Certificate will also be emailed out to you.