GWO MANUAL HANDLING
Duration: 0.5 days Course Time: 9am – 12.30pm
Assessment: Theory & Practical
WHO IS THE COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
Anyone looking to begin or continue working in the offshore renewable energy industry. Everyone is expected to hold a valid, in date GWO Manual Handling certificate which must be refreshed every 2 years by completing a GWO Manual Handling Refresher Course.
The aim of this module shall give delegates awareness through theoretical and practical training to encourage positive Manual Handling behaviour and perform Manual Handling tasks in a safe manner in the wind turbine industry/environment, in accordance with GWO Manual Handling.
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO
• Understand the importance of carrying out Manual Handling work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance to with legislative requirements of your work location
• Demonstrate understanding of safe practices of manual handling this includes the correct handling of equipment
• Identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor manual handling and able to report it correctly.
• Demonstrate a problem-solving approach to Manual Handling in wind turbine environment
• Demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques
GWO WINDA DATABASE
All delegates sitting the GWO courses must now register onto the GWO WINDA database, for further information about GWO’s WINDA Database please click here. ABOUT WINDA
To register onto the WINDA Database CLICK HERE
On successful completion of the GWO Manual Handling Training, you will receive a certificate valid for 2 years, this is uploaded onto your WINDA Account within 10 days of course completion. A pdf version of your WINDA GWO Certificate will also be emailed out to you.