GWO NACELLE, TOWER & BASEMENT REFRESHER (NTBRR)
- Course Duration – 2 days
- Course time – 9am – 5pm
- Lunch included on all days
WHO IS THE COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
Anyone who will be working in the wind industry that wishes to continue and build on the knowledge and skills from the Nacelle, tower and basement training and refresh their GWO working at height.
This course will give delegates the skills, knowledge and confidence to perform casualty rescue operations in a wind turbine nacelle, tower and basement by using industry rescue equipment, methods and techniques which exceeds the GWO working at height.
It is the responsibility of the delegate to ensure they meet all the pre-requisites and provide documented evidence to that effect PRIOR to course commencement. Failure to do so could result in forfeit of all costs and course attendance.
- GWO Working at height
- GWO First Aid
- GWO Manual Handling
- Medical Questionnaire
- WINDA I.D
- Over 18
- Photographic I.D
- Work Boots
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Perform rescue operations in a wind turbine nacelle, tower and basement by using industry rescue stretcher/spine board and manual and power-driven lowering /raising equipment, methods and techniques to include packaging the casualty, carrying out regular checks whilst being aware of risks and hazards
- Apply rescue methods and techniques for ascending and descending rescue operations
- Perform rescue operations, in a WTG nacelle, tower and basement using suitable anchor points, lifting angles and deviations assessing and determining an evacuation strategy during rescue.
- Perform rescue operations as a rescuer and a coordinator applying clear communication and recognising hazards.
At the end of this course, you will gain a GWO certificate which will be uploaded on to your WINDA account, valid for 2 years