GWO WORKING AT HEIGHT REFRESHER
Duration: 1 Day Course Time: 9am – 5pm
Assessment: Theory & Practical
Completed Medical Questionnaire
Photographic I.D (passport or drivers license)
In-date GWO Working at heights certificate
WHO IS THE COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
Anyone looking to continue working in the offshore renewable energy industry. Everyone is expected to hold a valid, in date GWO Working at Height certificate which must be refreshed every 2 years by sitting this GWO Working at Height Refresher course.
The aim of this course is to review and build on previously gained knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training so that delegates can administer safe and effective working at heights in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment in accordance with GWO Refresher
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO
• Demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at heights in a WTG
• Demonstrate correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings on harness, hard hats, lanyards and other PPE and PFPE.
• Demonstrate the knowledge of and skills to correctly pre-use inspect, service, store and correct fitting of harnesses, fall arrest lanyard, work positioning lanyards and other PPE and PFPE.
• Demonstrate correct use of the relevant PFPE, e.g. harnesses, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. These include correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct.
• Demonstrate correct use of evacuation devices
• Demonstrate how to approach rescue situations in WTG’s