WTT COMPOSITE BLADE REPAIR
Course time – 9am – 4pm
10 Day Course
Monday – Friday
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
The course is designed to cater for both new entrants to the sector or those active in another area of the wind industry who wish to upskill. The course is very much ‘hands-on’ and suited to individuals who prefer manual work. As expected, the job role involves working at height and this should be considered by anyone wishing to pursue this a job in the industry.
There are no formal qualification requirements to enrol onto the course. PPE will be provided however, delegates will need to bring their own safety footwear. Although the primary elements of the training are hands-on, there are some activities which require a basic level of computer literacy for report completion which reflects requirements of the job role.
• Over 18’s
• I.D required (passport or driver’s license)
• Medical self-assessment form – this will be given to you at the start of your course
• Work boots
The successful growth of global wind energy has developed ongoing demand for the repair and maintenance of wind turbine blades. This 2-week course will provide candidates with the thorough hands-on skills required to join the industry as a BLADE TECHNICIAN. This is further underpinned by essential theory and knowledge which is delivered in a format that reflects the processes and demands of the industry.
Delivered from our bespoke training centre and instructed by our experienced technicians, candidates will receive the best possible start to a successful career in the industry.
• What is involved in working in the wind industry
• Wind turbines operation and their contribution to reducing carbon emissions
• Wind turbine blade construction and the manufacturing process
• How to accurately inspect and report different types of blade damage
• The correct use of materials and chemicals used in blade repairs such as fibreglass, fillers and resins
• How to safely carry out a broad range of composite repair techniques for different types of common blade damage using a range of tools including grinders and sanders
• How to correctly complete industry standard documentation
The course contains a series of short, written knowledge checks in addition to an observed assessment at the end of the programme.
A certificate will be issued at the end of this course with no expiration.