Course time – 8:30am – 5pm
10 Day Course (70% Practical with 30% theory based)
Monday – Friday
Lunch included on all days
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Following the successful growth of the Global Wind Energy Industry we have developed this Lloyds Register Accredited course following an ongoing demand for the repair and maintenance of wind turbine blades. This Lloyds Register Accredited course is designed to cater for both new entrants to the Blade Repair sector or those already active in the wind industry and looking to upskill and update their knowledge.
There are no formal qualification requirements to enrol onto the course. PPE will be provided however, delegates will need to bring their own safety footwear.
I.D required (passport or driver’s license)
Medical self-assessment form – this will be given to you at the start of your course
This 2-week course will provide delegates with thorough hands-on skills and knowledge required to join the wind industry as a CONFIDENT BLADE TECHNICIAN.
Delivered from our bespoke training centre and instructed by our experienced technicians, candidates will receive the best possible start to a successful career in the industry.
- What is involved in working in the wind industry
- Epoxy Awareness
- Wind turbines operation and their contribution to reducing carbon emissions
- Wind turbine blade construction and the manufacturing process
- How to accurately inspect and report different types of blade damage
- The correct use of materials and chemicals used in blade repairs such as fibreglass, fillers and resins
- How to safely carry out a broad range of composite repair techniques for different types of common blade damage using a range of tools including grinders and sanders up to 7 repairs will be carried out to a level 4 damage
- How to correctly complete industry standard documentation
It is a requirement that all delegates have a basic understanding and conversational use of English. Delegates who do not meet this requirement will not be allowed to attend the course
At the end of this course, there will be a practical assessment on a full blade repair and a multiple choice knowledge test with a pass rate of 80%