GWO SEA SURVIVAL REFRESHER
Duration: 1 day Course Time: 9am – 5pm
Assessment: Theory & Practical
Swimwear with towel
In date GWO Sea Survival Certificate
WHO IS THE COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
Anyone looking to continue working in the offshore renewable energy industry. Everyone is expected to hold a valid, in date GWO Sea Survival certificate which must be refreshed every 2 years by completing this 1-day GWO Sea Survival Refresher Course.
This GWO Sea Survival Refresher is to review and build on previously gained knowledge and skills through open questions and practical training. Delegates shall be able to act safely and take the correct preventive actions in all aspects of offshore operations from shore to installation vessel or WTG, and vice versa, both during normal operation and in an emergency in an offshore wind turbine environment.
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO
• Demonstrate knowledge of dangers and symptoms related to hypothermia and drowning
• Understand the limitations of different life-saving appliances (LSA), personal protective equipment (PPE) and personal fall protection Equipment (PFPE) used in the offshore wind industry
• Demonstrate and understand the risk, knowledge of emergency and safety procedures on installations, vessels and WTG
• Demonstrate safe transfer and evacuation of a WTG
• Demonstrate evacuation from turbine to water using rescue devices
• Give first aid treatment to a “man over board”
• Demonstrate individual and group survival techniques at sea
GWO WINDA DATABASE
All delegates sitting the GWO courses must now register onto the GWO WINDA database, for further information about GWO’s WINDA Database please click here. ABOUT WINDA
To register onto the WINDA Database CLICK HERE
On successful completion of the GWO Sea Survival Training Refresher, you will receive a certificate valid for 2 years, this is uploaded onto your WINDA Account within 10 days of course completion. A pdf version of your WINDA GWO Certificate will also be emailed out to you.